The Scientific Advisory Board of the CNB-Young brings together representatives of the four panel surveys included in the study, experts in panel data analysis and data harmonization from different countries and disciplines.
- Elizabeth C. Cooksey, The Ohio State University. PI for the 1979 National Longitudinal Survey of Youth Young Adult study.
- Markus M. Grabka, German Institute for Economic Research, DIW Berlin. Board of Directors SOEP & Acting Division Head Knowledge Transfer in the German Socio-Economic Panel study.
- Gundi Knies, Thünen-Institut for Rural Studies in Germany. A former member of the Scientific Leadership team of Understanding Society, specializing in neighbourhoods, geography, and youth well-being. Also involved in the Eurocohort study.
- Edith Aguirre, University of Essex. Senior Research Officer in UKHLS Understanding, specializing in survey methodology and childhood studies.
- Dean R. Lillard, The Ohio State University, Department of Human Sciences. Director of the Cross-National Equivalent File project.
- Kazimierz M. Słomczyński, Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Polish Academy of Sciences and Department of Sociology, The Ohio State University. PI for the Polish Panel Survey POLPAN 1988-2018 and for the Survey Data Recycling project 2017-2021 financed by US National Science Foundation.